The Best Laid Plans.....

  Wow. This week did not go as anticipated. We started out great! We did Day 1 and Day 2. We spent about an hour and a half each day, total, working on school for both boys. Not bad at all! It went smoother than I imagined. Then, day 3 hit, and it hit hard. I woke up with a fever, swollen tonsils, and my whole body hurt. Mom's shouldn't be allowed to get sick and it was really poor timing of getting sick, not that anytime is really good in that scenario.

My day started as such:
Jonny: Mom, you need to stay in bed. I've got this.
*I came down after about half an hour
Jonny: Mom, I told you to stay in bed.
Me: Well, how about I rest on the couch?
Jonny: Ok, that's fine.
*I go to let the dogs out and he had already done it.
He is showing me daily how big and grown up he is getting.

Tim brought home breakfast, got us all situated, and we basically watched TV all day while Tim slept. The boys played a while, the house didn't get too terribly trashed, minus the 4 year old flooding the kitchen with the in-door water dispenser in the fridge. That was grand. We got it cleaned up though, woke daddy up, and I did some self care in the form of a bath. I woke up the next morning feeling a bit better. My fever had broken, my throat was still a little rough, but we decided to do school and played catch up! We finished days 3 and 4! Friday hit and I woke up at 6 AM feeling like I was swallowing glass shards. So, we headed to urgent care for the 7 AM opening time where I was promptly diagnosed with strep throat, sinus infection, and ear infection.

Saturday and Sunday followed up with everyone else ending up at the doctor and getting on antibiotics for strep throat and/or ear infections. We should be a bacteria free house in a couple days at this point .

  Jonny's handwriting has gotten much better!! He is starting to read a lot better too. I really love this specific program as it helps kids dissect their words, and putting them back together. He also got to work on a seasons chart that he colored himself. He is really enjoying it so far! This week we studied about dinosaurs and ancient civilizations. We also studied about our planet (day/night, seasons, weather).


  Artie has enjoyed getting to do school like big brother. He has worked on a couple of handwriting exercises, coloring, learning more about the letter A, and reading fun stories! He enjoys that one on one time with mom a lot .

  All three boys started swim lessons back up this week as well. Jonny and Artie are in the same class, which they really like! Matty is fearless and tries to kick off of me to swim on his own. Explaining to a 2 year old that if you let go, he will sink, is like explaining to a mouse to not eat the cheese in the trap. It is futile.

  We are excited for our next week and what more we will learn. Hopefully we will catch up on the one day we missed, but it's perfectly ok if we don't as well.

Comments

  1. I’m glad you are all on the mend! Beautiful writing. 😀

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's All Greek To Me

From This Moment

New school year